The below information has been compiled to try and assist with those Frequently Asked Questions about John Skinner Ltd, and the products and services that we offer.
If you have any other questions that we have not answered in this section, or require any further clarification, then please do not hesitate to Contact Us directly.
1) Why choose John Skinner (Manufacturing) Ltd for your interior trim & upholstery requirements?
- We have history. We were established in 1980 by a Classic Car Enthusiast, John Skinner; who had a history in pattern making; the perfect foundation for the company – an appropriate skill set and passion for the cars!
- We purely manufacture interior trim parts. We are not a “one stop shop” for all parts – engine, body and mechanical – we ONLY make interior trim and upholstery. This allows us to focus on this one area, and perfect it.
- We are renowned worldwide for being the flagship manufacturer of high-end quality interior trim kits and have been for many years now.
- We are Second to None quality wise. It is essential to find a balance between high quality and competitive pricing – why leave yourself disappointed? Most people only wish to carry out one restoration of their beloved car; so it pays dividend to go the extra mile and get the job done properly.
- As manufacturers of these trim items – we can also offer more specialised trim colour combinations – for example – differing main trim colours paired with alternate piping colours (relevant to Door Panels, Seat Covers and Centre Cushion / Armrests etc). Please ask for further details / examples if this is of interest to you.
- We manufacture interior items ourselves – unlike a lot of our competitors who shop around for the cheapest deals and buy, no matter what the quality of the items may be.
- As we are manufacturers, this also gives us the benefit of being able to offer in depth after-market advice etc for these items, which some of our competitors cannot do as they are merely sales personnel who know little about the items they are selling.
2) Do we manufacture all the parts we sell?
We manufacture around 90% of the items that we sell. Some small component parts (metalwork etc) are sourced from local suppliers who make these parts purely for John Skinner Ltd.
Our dedicated team of trimmers and machinists work together to transform the raw materials into beautiful, hand crafted interior trim parts.
This is done from our modern workshop, based in the heart of the Cotswolds, in Cheltenham.
3) Which cars do we manufacture interior trim parts for?
XK120 & XK140 & XK150
Open Two-Seater (OTS), Fixed Head Coupe (FHC), Drop Head Coupe (DHC)
Open Two-Seater (OTS), Fixed Head Coupe (FHC), 2+2 Coupe
MK2, Daimler V8 250, S Type & 420, MK10 & 420G, XJ6, XJ 2 Door Coupe & XJS
4) What colours do we supply?
We can supply a large variety of colours and shades, in various different materials.
We can offer help and advice on “as original” interior trim combinations, as well as offering a wide range of alternative choices for a more customised and tailored finished to your classic car. We can supply samples as well as photos of these colours. Note that photos of colours and kits can be misleading due to camera / light / screen settings – so we always recommend requesting a sample for final confirmation.
5) Do you stock kits on the shelf?
We keep low levels of stock; mainly only “fast moving” items – but as the name suggests, they are not on our shelves for long!
Due to the large colour varieties and material options that we can offer, making parts to order is often the preferred method.
As we specialise in custom, hand made interior trim & upholstery you can be sure that your order will, more often than not, be manufactured from scratch especially for your classic car.
Please refer to our Lead Times section for more details.
6) Do we offer a "Trim-to-Car" Trimming Service for the parts that we manufacture and supply?
We purely manufacture and supply interior trim parts.
We do not offer a trimming service.
However, we do offer after-market help and assistance in fitting these items should you, or a trimmer require it. We can supply photos that can also assist with the fitting of these items.
If you do not want to fit these items yourself, we would recommend that you seek the help of a professional trimmer. We recommend you talk to a few different trimmers in your local area, as one trimmer can vary in quality and price to the next. It may also be worth contacting your local classic car club, and asking any members if they have any suggestions on good trimmers that they have used in the past. It is also best, where possible, to find a trimmer who has some experience with your particular marque of car.
Please refer to our Trim Fitting section for further information.
7) Do we have links with, or recommend, any Trimmers?
Although we do supply many trimmers worldwide, and have done for many years, we do not have specific links with any Trimmers.
There will be many trimmers out there who will be happy to fit our parts, knowing the reputation we have for high quality interior trim & upholstery.
Currently we are working on compiling a list of trimmers who we have supplied kits for over the years, with the hope that in time we can recommend a variety of trimmers in different areas.
When searching for a Trimmer, we recommend you talk to a few different trimmers in your local area, as one trimmer can vary in quality and price to the next. It may also be worth contacting your local classic car club, and asking any members if they have any suggestions on good trimmers that they have used in the past. It is also best, where possible, to find a trimmer who has some experience with your particular marque of car.
Please refer to our Trim Fitting section for further information.
8) Where can you ship to in the world?
Anywhere, within reason!
We can ship domestically within the UK, to Europe and the Rest of the World.
We commonly ship within the UK, all over Europe, and to North America and Australia. Some more obscure destinations have included Brazil, Chile, Jamaica, Lebanon and Japan.
We use a shipping broker for all Non Domestic shipments; who search all the major shipping agents for the most competitive pricing.
Note that all we aim to achieve with our shipping charges, is to recover our costs.
Please refer to our Shipping section for more details.
9) What methods of Payment do you accept?
We can accept the following:
Credit / Debit Card – Visa or MasterCard.
Direct Bank Transfer
Please note that a minimum of 25% deposit is required to start your order, with the rest due upon completion of the individual part(s).
For our Overseas based customers – in order to secure a current exchange, we are happy to take full payment when you instruct.
Full Payment must be received prior to any parts being shipped out / collected. Title of these goods remains with John Skinner (Manufacturing) Ltd until payment is received in full.
Please refer to our Payment Options section for more details.
Have a question? Please Contact Us.