Years of Manufacture: 1955 - 1962
Number Produced: 91,554
Chassis Number Range: 10,101 - 109,070 (1500 & 1600) / 501 - 2,611 (Twin Cam)
Designer: Albert Sydney (Syd) EneverBack to All MGA Models
MGA Roadster Original Colours
Please note that there were production inconsistencies during this period, so colours should be chosen on individual basis.
|PAINT COLOUR||INTERIOR TRIM COLOUR OPTIONS||PIPING OPTIONS|
|Black||Red, Green, Beige||Red, Green, Beige|
|Orient Red||Red, Beige, Black||Red, Beige, Red|
|Chariot Red||Red, Black||Red|
|Iris Blue||Black||Light Blue|
|Old English White||Red, Black||Red, White|
|Tyrolite Green / Ash Green||Grey, Black||Grey, Green|
|Glacier Blue||Grey, Black||Grey|
Information from: Clausager, A. (1993) Original MGA – The Restorer’s Guide to all Roadster and Coupé models including Twin Cam – Bay View Books Ltd.
MGA Roadster / Open Two-Seater Original Colours supplied by John Skinner Ltd:
Main Trim Colour:
Colour names refer to internal John Skinner Ltd colour names, not the names MG originally used for these colours.
Please request a sample for final colour confirmation as these images may be misleading.
MGA Roadster Trim Panels
Trim Panel Kit
- This kit includes all the main panels and re-trim kits for the Roadster (Open Two-Seater) MGA. Includes items 01 to 07 listed below.
Door Panel Pocketes
- Pre-cut, riveted and trimmed Millboard Panels, for your inner Door Panel Pocket areas.
Quarter "B" Post Panels
- Pre-cut and trimmed Millboard Panels for your Rear Wheel Arch Quarter Panel area.
- Pre-cut, creased and trimmed Millboard Panels for the lower cover panel section of the A Post Footwell area.
Dash Board & Trim Roll Kit
- Pre-cut loose materials for re-trimming the Dash Board and Trim Crash Rolls.
- Includes pre-cut Leather for the Door Tops and Quarter Elbow Cappings, for all kits.
Trim Roll Piping Kit
- Pre-cut and sewn piping for the trim crash roll areas, to fill in between panels and bodywork.
MGA Coupe Seat Covers & Hardware
Front Seat Cover Kit
- Fully Sewn material covers for Re-Trimming the Front Seat Cushions and Backrests.
Centre Cushion Armrest Kit
- Fully sewn materials for the Centre Cushion Armrest.
- Includes pre-cut Foam for the padding of the Armrest.
Sidescreen Storage Bag
- Pre-cut and sewn materials, creating a storage bag for the Sidescreen metalwork.
- Includes pre-fitted metal fixing to open and close the bag.
- Includes re-enforced material sections for extra strength, to avoid distortion over time.
Seat Wadding Kit
- Used to “pad out” small areas of the Seat Covers that the Foams cannot fill, for best results.
MGA Coupe Carpets & Flooring
- Pre-cut, and edged with Binding, Carpet pieces for the main cockpit of your car.
- Binding / Edging to original specification.
- Includes “Ribbed” Heelpads on the Drivers and Passenger Side Front Floor carpets.
Boot / Trunk Carpet Kit
- Pre-cut and sewn materials to cover the Boot / Trunk floor and sides.
- Includes sewing to accommodate the Petrol Fuel Pump.
Spare Wheel Cover
- Pre-cut, edged and sewn materials creating a Spare Wheel Cover.
- Options for Hardura and / or Carpet.