Years of Manufacture: 1953 - 1956
Number Produced: 8,636
Chassis Number Range: TS01 to TS8,636
Designer: Walter Belgrove & Sir John BlackBack to All Triumph Models
Triumph TR2 Original Colours
Please note that there were production inconsistencies during this period, so colours should be chosen on individual basis.
|PAINT COLOUR||INTERIOR TRIM COLOUR OPTIONS||HOOD / SIDESCREEN OPTIONS|
|Ice Blue||Grey, Blackberry (“Maroon”), Geranium (“Bright Red”)||Ice Blue, Blackberry, Geranium|
|Geranium||Grey, Blackberry (“Maroon”), Geranium (“Bright Red”)||Ice Blue, Blackberry, Geranium, Black, Fawn|
|Olive Yellow||Grey, Blackberry (“Maroon”), Geranium (“Bright Red”)||Ice Blue, Blackberry, Geranium|
|Pearl White||Red, Brown, Blue (“Midnight Blue”), Grey, Blackberry (“Maroon”), Geranium (“Bright Red”)||Fawn, or Black, Blackberry, White, Geranium|
|Black||Red, Grey, Stone, Blue (“Midnight Blue”), Blackberry (“Maroon”), Geranium (“Bright Red”)||Black, Fawn, Blackberry, White, Geranium|
|British Racing Green (BRG)||Red, Brown, Stone||Fawn, Black|
|Signal Red||Brown, Stone, Red||Black, Fawn|
Note that Triumph TR2 models featured Piping made in the same colour as the main trim colour.
Information from: Piggott, B. (1991) Original Trimph TR – The Restorer’s Guide to TR2, TR3, TR3a, TR4, TR4A, TR5, TR250, TR6, Bideford: Bay View Books Ltd.
Triumph TR2 Original Colours supplied by John Skinner Ltd:
Colour names refer to internal John Skinner Ltd colour names, not the names Triumph originally used for these colours.
Please request a sample for final colour confirmation as these images may be misleading.
Triumph TR2 Trim Panels
Trim Panel Kit
- This kit includes all the main panels and re-trim kits for the cappings. Includes items 01 to 07 listed below.
Door Panel & Pockets
- Material covered Hardboard + 3mm Foam Door Panels.
- Flocked Millboard Door Pockets.
Dash & Capping Re-Trim Kit
- Pre-cut Vinyl materials for re-trimming the Dash Top (1pc), Dash Facia (3pc), Door Top Cappings (2pc), Door Pulls (Sewn 2pc), Quarter Elbow Cappings (2pc), Tonneau Cappings (3pc).
Door Top Capping Rubber Inners
- 1″ (inch) / 25mm Rubber Core for the inner of the Steel Door Top Capping.
Boot / Trunk Liner Board
- Pre-cut and creased, Black Grained Millboard material for covering your Boot / Trunk Petrol Liner area.
Triumph TR2 Seat Covers & Hardware
Front Seat Cover Kit
- Fully Sewn Materials Covers for Re-Trimming the Front Seat Cushions and Backrests. Includes loose material for the Seat Frame Surrounds.
Front Seat Foam Kit
- Pre-Cut Foam & Scrim Calico pieces to be used to re-pad the insides of your Seat Covers.
Seat Cushion Spring Unit
- Specially manufactured Spring Coils, as used originally in the Front Seat Cushions.
Front Seat Tacking Strips
- Pre-cut Hardboard strips, including Rivets, for use in “tacking” your Seat Covers to your Seat Frame.
Rear Seat Covers
- Fully Sewn Material Covers for Re-Trimming the Rear Cushion and Backrest.
- Rare optional extra.
Rear Seat Foam Padding Kit
- Pre-cut 2″ Foams for the Cushion and Backrest to be used to re-pad the insides of your Rear Seat Covers.
Seat Wadding Kit
- Used to “pad out” small areas of the Seat Covers that the Foams cannot fill, for best results.
Triumph TR2 Carpets & Flooring
Carpet Set: Main Cockpit
- Pre-cut, and edged “As Original” with Binding, Carpet pieces for the main cockpit of you car.
- Includes fully trimmed Millboard “sloped” Rear Shelf carpet section.
- Includes Original 3 Piece Gearbox Tunnel setup.
- Includes pre-sewn hole for Gear Lever “Boot” Gaitor.
- Heelpads on Drivers Side Front Floor and A Post Kickpanel.
Boot / Trunk Carpet
- Pre-cut, and edged “As Original” with Binding, Carpet / Hardura mat for your Boot / Trunk Flooring.
Boot / Trunk Side Panels
- Pre-cut, and edged with Binding, Carpet for your Boot / Trunk bodywork sides.